Monday, November 16, 2009

Fall


Jackson had a busy first fall. He is so much fun these days, so busy all the time, always learning and curious! He has grown SO much, too, weighing in at 21 1/2 lbs and 29 1/2" long at his 9 month check up! He is in the 90th percentile for length, already wearing 12 month clothes-though they are too big in the waist. I think he is going to be a tall boy! I just can't believe that he is the same baby as the tiny little guy we had almost 10 months ago! He is trying so hard to crawl and I know it will be any day now before he figures it out. He now has three cute little teeth (that he loves to drive Mommy crazy by grinding).

October was breast cancer awareness month and I was invited by my patient coordinator at the hospital to be a part of an event at a Steelers game. I, along with a few other women, was recognized and applauded while on the field with the players before the game. It was a night I will never forget! Nolan and I had the BEST time! We were LONG overdue for a date-night! This was the first time we left left Jackson with a babysitter (that wasn't family). A friend that Nolan works with, Kayla, was Jackson's first babysitter. She said he was one of the happiest babies she's been around.

We just HAD to get Jackson a little souvenir from the game. He was asleep when we got home that night so I gave it to him first thing in the morning. As you can see, he liked his new little Steelers stuffed monkey!

Also in October, we celebrated Nolan's 29th birthday. I baked a white chocolate cake from scratch, my first attempt at a cake that didn't come from a box. It took me all afternoon and it wasn't the prettiest cake, but it was SO worth it!

For Halloween, we took Jackson to the Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium's "Zoo Boo". We dressed him up as a monkey this year, since we have always called him our little monkey. We had such a good time taking him around in his costume. He is still a little young for the zoo, and only really enjoyed the aquarium. He was a little scared of the elephants at first since we were able to get so close to them, but once he got used to them he was fascinated by them. Its so much fun to watch him discover new things. He had a fun day, topped of with a stuffed monkey souvenir (not picutred) and a nap (can't ever nap without his puppy). I can't wait to take him back!

I started a stronger combo of chemo drugs in November, so my aunt Missy flew out to help me for a week. It was so nice to spend time with her, despite not being at my best, and Jackson had a blast playing with her. He loved all the extra attention, and I think Missy had fun with him, too.

I apologize for not staying on top of this blog lately (to the few people who read it). I will try to update it more and hopefully have more interesting things to write about! We just aren't very exciting these days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment