Never has Christmas been as special as it was this year. We knew way in advance that we wouldn't be traveling home to Texas for the holidays due to my treatments. We had never spent the holidays away from home and I knew it would be hard. I was worried that it would feel like just another day, nothing special, just the three of us at home. It ended up being one of the happiest, most memorable days of my my life! We had so much fun being Santa for Jackson, setting out his new toys. Babies make the holidays SO SO special! We spent the day relaxing by the fire, watching Jackson play with his new toys and made Pedro's tamales, shipped all the way from TX, for dinner (for those of you who are not familiar with Pedro's, they are the BEST tamales ever and are made in our hometown; and for those of you who are not familiar with Pennsylvania, there is absolutely NO decent Mexican food up here- surprising, I know). Christmas really isn't about gifts, parties and decorating...those who think so are REALLY missing out! I spent the whole day thinking about how truly blessed I am and how much I have to be thankful for in my life. Even when times are tough, we have it so good, just having each other. Life is so good!
With Momma!
How cute is he in those pj's and that hat?! I am dying! I love that second picture!
ReplyDeleteOh my word - Jackson is too cute. I am praying for you and hoping you have an "easy" recovery from surgery! Can't wait to meet your little guy in person.
ReplyDelete