Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jackson's FIRST day of preschool!

After spending a long time on the wait-list, Jackson was finally accepted into an wonderful school!
We have been talking a lot about school and he has been very excited to start!  He was mostly excited, however, about getting to ride a school bus (which is not a part of the plan).  So, we pretended that Mommy's car was a school bus and (thankfully!) he was just as excited to ride to school in Mommy's bus this morning.
Got my backpack and I'm ready to go!

Walking to Mommy's school bus...saying "Come on, Mommy! Come on Mommy!"  He was SO excited we couldn't get there fast enough!
Finally arrived at school, about to go in and meet my new teacher and friends!

We arrived early so I could turn in some paperwork so Jackson had the whole place to himself for a little while.  It had been a long time since we visited the school and I was surprised that he remembered it.
Just checking it out!

Not only was today Jackson's first day, it was also school picture day!  He had his picture taken alone (cooperating MUCH better for the photographer than he ever does when I take his picture, of course).  Then he had picture taken with the whole class.  I can't wait to see them!  I know they turned out great!

After pictures, his teacher (Teacher Jeanne) had activities planned.  Knowing that this was a very new experience for Jackson, she didn't push him to join the others.  Instead she sat on the floor and played with him and got to know him better.  I loved that she did this since he is not used to the structure of school.  I am glad that she is helping ease him into it.  I just LOVE his teacher!

Then it was time to play outside.  Jackson immediately lined up all the bikes he could find.  I think he was having a blast, don't you?!

ALL mine!

Oh wait...you mean I have to share?!
After playing outside, it was time for a snack, then story time.  Jackson was not interested in sitting and listening to the story.  There were too many new toys around to play with.  I was relieved to hear from the other moms and Teacher Jeanne that it was totally normal for him to not want to participate on his first day.  I know it will take some time for him to get used to, but I KNOW he will LOVE this school!  I was pretty picky about finding the perfect school for him.  After today, I know I found the right one for us!

Jackson had the best time at school today....UNTIL it was time to go home.  He cried the whole way home, saying "I wanna play at school, Mommy!!!".  Thankfully, he didn't REALLY lose it until we actually got home (see below).  He was so tired, he actually ASKED me if he could take a nap!
Parking garage melt-down

Other than the melt-down, Jackson's first day was a huge success!  I guess I should be happy that he loved it so much he didn't want to leave!  


UPDATE:  After a good nap, Jackson woke up in a much better mood and asked if we could go to school again!  I am just thrilled that he likes it so much!  Can't wait until Tuesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment